Ferrari 550 Maranello 1996-2001 Workshop Repair & Service Manual [COMPLETE & INFORMATIVE for DIY Repair] ☆ ☆ ☆
|Ferrari 550 Maranello 1996-2001 Workshop Repair & Service Manual [COMPLETE & INFORMATIVE for DIY REPAIR] ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
* COMPLETE, Absolutely No Missing Pages!
* Official Service INFORMATION You Can Count On!
* Customer Satisfaction GUARANTEED!
This high QUALITY official manual for Ferrari 550 Maranello 1996-2001 is 100 percents COMPLETE and INTACT, no MISSING, CORRUPT pages, sections to freak you out! This manual is exactly as described. It is in the cross-platform PDF document format so that it works like a charm on all kinds of devices.
YEAR: 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001
MODEL: 550 Maranello
INSTANT DELIVERY: A download link will be sent to you instantly after payment. Simply click on the link and save it to your computer. You can use this Manual as long as you wish with no restrictions.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: If there is ANY kind of problem with the item you purchased, just drop a quick email. Within HOURS the issue shall be taken care of.
PRINTABLE MANUAL WITH DIAGRAMS: Just print the manual out and start to work. You can also use the manual with your Tablet/Laptop in your garage.
REFUND/EXCHANGE POLICY: We sell high QUALITY products only. However if you encounter any problems with the item you purchased, another replacement link will be sent to you. If we're at fault, you will get 100 percents refund.
Buy ☆THE BEST MANUAL ON THE INTERNET☆ from responsible seller and get instant download now without uncertainty or surprise.
This highly detailed workshop service repair manual for download contains virtually everything you will ever need to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore Your Ferrari 550 Maranello 1996-2001 (ALL MODELS ARE COVERED). All diagnostic and repair procedures and gives you access to the same information that professional technicians and mechanics have. You can view and print out the complete repair procedures with this workshop service repair manual Download - you do not need to be skilled with a computer.
ADJUSTMENT OF THE IDLING SPEED
Start the engine, making sure not to accelerate during start-up, and bring the coolant to its operating temperature :
92±2°C (197.5 ± 4.2°F).
Switch the engine off, disconnect the oxygen sensor and the idling speed adjuster.
Start the engine, select the parameter page on the diagnosis system and make sure the rotation speed is 900 rpm.
If the rotation speed isn't correct, balance and take the engine to the correct speed using the by-pass (Fig. 42, Re. 1) and checking if the TL value (SD 1) and the mercury columns are the same for both cylinder banks.
Considering that the throttle body flowing system has been made correctly in the factory, we deem it unsuitable acting on the throttle stroke adjuster to balance and settle the idle speed (Fig. 42, re. 2) .
Should the adjustment be difficult, act as follows with the by-passes:
1 - Tighten the by-pass adjusters (Fig. 42, re. 1 ).
2 - Bring the idle speed to 850 rpm by balancing both cylinder banks, through the throttle stroke adjusters (Fig. 42, re. 2) .
3 - Open the by-pass adjustment screws balancing both cylinder banks and set the engine at 900 rpm.
4 - If an adjustment is made on the throttle stroke adjuster, you must check and possibly modify the potentiometer adjustment, loosening and turning it (adjustment possibility of approximately 2): it must be adjusted with absolute angles included between - 1 and 3 (corresponding to 400k600 mV). The maximum difference between these values must not exceed 2.1 (corresponding to 70 mV).
Note: if the idling adjustment is exceeded (i.e. the advance is 4.5" at idling speed) while adjusting the potentiometers, the throttle stroke screws or the accelerator control cable, switch the engine off (so that the Motronic system doesn't store wrong data) and repeat the previous procedure.
5 - Check, by means of mercury columns, if both banks are balanced even during progression, increasing speed progressively up to 2,500 rpm. If an adjustment is required, act on the throttle cable adjuster (Fig. 42, re. 7).
Gearbox disassembly from the car
- Place the car on a lifting bridge.
- Put the rear part on two small blocks and remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the complete underbody flatbed.
- Remove the gearbox axle shafts.
- Remove the oxygen sensors.
- Disassemble the central exhaust pipe assembly (catalytic converters, silencers and connecting pipes to rear silencers).
- Remove the gearbox control rod.
- Unscrew the fastening nuts of the engine-gearbox connecting pipe on the clutch housing.
- Unloosen both nuts fastening the gearbox supports.
- Using a column jack, position it under the gearbox assembly and lay the whole unit.
- Make the assembly retract as much as possible and remove it from the chassis with the engine-gearbox connecting pipe.
- Position the gearbox on the stand AS104995 and fasten it to the trolley AV 2023. Disassemble the parts after checking the contact of the bevel gear pair, the pinion pre-load and the inner
- After detecting the shim of the spacer 13 determining the pinion/crown contact and of the spacer 14 determining the pinion preload, start the gearbox assembly.